Jonathan Bardzik, culinary storyteller, entertainer, and horticulture industry veteran, presents delicious, easy-to-make recipes featuring AAS Winning vegetables. Enjoy one of these five popular videos and recipes today and look for the rest in upcoming posts.
Mascotte Beans with Tomatoes and Peppers
- 1 pound Mascotte green beans
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Hungarian Wax pepper such as Hot Sunset
- 2 medium Celebrity tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tbs Sherry vinegar
- Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Spanish paprika
- 2 tbs chopped cilantro
- Blanch beans in salted boiling water for 1 minute. Remove to a bowl ﬁlled with half ice and half water. Cool, then dry and reserve.
- Warm 1 tbs olive oil in a 10” skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook thirty seconds. Add minced pepper and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and beginning to thicken.
- Season to taste with vinegar, a pinch of cayenne, Spanish paprika, salt and pepper.
- Serve cold, crisp beans topped with warm tomato sauce and sprinkled with cilantro.
You know that you have the best when you grow AAS Winners. After eighty-two years of conducting trials where only the best performers are declared AAS Winners, the organization now has more than 330 individual vegetable varieties that have been “Tested Nationally & Proven Locally.”