By Duane Pancoast
The Geriatric Gardener is a critically acclaimed reference book for senior gardeners. Based on the octogenarian author’s experience, education and research, the 63 quick-read chapters are organized into six easy-to-navigate sections. They are:
- Attitude and accepting the need to adapt.
- How to adapt to the various challenges with such creative means as containers, raised beds, and seeking help from family.
- Making tough decisions like when to downsize.
- Making less difficult decisions, such as attracting pollinators and introducing whimsy.
- Senior Gardening through the seasons focuses on seasonal challenges.
- When outdoor gardening is out of the question is all about indoor gardening ad houseplants.