This contest is designed to recognize new, innovative and novelty products for the home gardener. With the reach of NGB’s social media and email lists, we have a great opportunity to really promote the program winners to consumers.
NGB will award the Green Thumb Award to NGB members’ garden products that are unique, technologically innovative, solve a gardening problem or provide a gardening opportunity and appeal to gardeners. Winners will be chosen by a panel of industry professionals that are also NGB members.
All NGB members are invited to enter their products and that will be readily available for consumers to purchase in the following year. The Green Thumb Award recognizes outstanding new garden products providing a way to validate and promote those products to consumers.
Green Thumb Award Details:
- Submissions to the program include both live goods and hard goods that will be new to the consumer in the following year. Deadline is September 30.
- How to define “new”?
- New to the industry in 2023 and available to consumers for purchase in 2024.
- For retailers submitting products, the item should still be new for your customers in 2024.
- Live goods include the following categories:
- Flowering Shrubs
- (AAS will submit the National Winners for that year)
- Hard goods include the following categories:
- Garden Tools
- Garden Décor
- Garden Supplies
- In the event a duplication occurs, NGB will contact the member to give them an opportunity to submit something different.
- No assessments or fees for winners.
- NGB membership is required for the year of promotion.
- A Judging panel made up of NGB members will decide on winners in each category.
Promotions for Green Thumb Award recipients:
- A dedicated web page for all Green Thumb Award products that goes live in December
- Press release to industry in January
- Press release to garden communicators in January
- Newsletter to consumers
- Free use of Green Thumb logo
- Social media highlights
- Newsletter features
- Blog mentions
- Award Winners recognized at AAS/NGB Summer Summit
How to Enter:
- Photos are key and is what is used to evaluate entry. One photo per entry.
- A good description and explanation of what makes the product innovative are also key.
- Videos are optional but very helpful to evaluate entry.
- Online entry forms for all categories are below.
- Deadline for entry is September 30.
Member Submission Allowances:
- Platinum ($5,750) – a total of 4 new products in any category: hard goods, edible live goods & ornamental live goods
- Gold ($4,025) – a total of 3 new products in any category: hard goods, edible live goods & ornamental live goods
- Silver ($2,400) – a total of 2 new products in any category: hard goods, edible live goods & ornamental live goods.
- Sponsor ($1,200) – 1 new product in any category: hard goods, edible live goods & ornamental live goods.
- Member ($750) – limit of 1 product at a fee of $250
Green Thumb Entry Forms: